As reliable as our Macintoshes are there comes a time when you simply need to visit your local Apple repair shop. Here at Mac Solutions Plus we pride ourselves on providing great Apple service at reasonable rates. We also love to let folks know what they can do to keep their Macs running like a champ without visiting us.
Here are a few simple things you can check when your Mac starts acting up:
- Power cycle the Mac. Simply turning the Mac on and off will fix many problems. Data that is used by the machine can become corrupt, causing strange behavior in the Operating Systems and applications.
- If your having difficulty turning the Mac on check the power supply. Is power plugged in and securely connected to your computer. If you have a second power supply attach it to your Mac and see if the problem is resolved.
- Check disk space. If you collect music or video or if you work with video you may run out of disk space. A new disk or external may be the solution.
- Run Disk Utility. Disk Utility will repair data problems on your hard drive. You’ll find Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities.
- Third party utilities like Clean My Mac may be helpful as part of your maintenance routine. Anti-virus utilities tend to be less helpful, but some users like having and extra layer of anti-virus protection.
- No matter what: BACK UP YOUR DATA! A catastrophic disk failure is always possible and a good backup will help you to get back to normal as quickly as possible. We can help you develop a backup strategy if you need help.
If you need some help with your Mac, iPad or any Apple device, please let us know!