As we patiently await the new iOS 8 (coming this fall), we can be proactive by backing up our files—just in case anything funny happens during the update process. Here are a few ways to ensure all your precious memories are safe:
The iTunes Way
- Plug in your iPhone or iPad into your Mac and launch iTunes.
- Click on the Devices button in the upper right.
- There will be a section called Backups. Click on the Back Up Now button under Manually Back Up and Restore.
- Your device and Mac will coordinate with each other to make a new backup.
The iCloud Way
- On your iPad or iPhone, launch your Settings app and tap on the iCloud settings button.
- Then tap on Storage & Back Up (you may have to scroll down).
- Make sure your iCloud Backup is on green if it’s off.
- Finally, scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and tap on Back Up Now.
- A new backup will be created, stored on the iCloud servers.
***iCloud Backup does not back up media purchased from sources other than iTunes. Also, you may want to back up photos or videos to iTunes to save space on your iCloud. You can pick and choose what to back up to iCloud by going to: Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup>Manage Storage>Backups>Backup Options.
We’re looking forward to the new iOS 8 as much as you. And now you can rest easy knowing all your data will be safe during the upgrade process. If you have any questions or comments, stop in our store in Eastern Hills Mall, call us at 716-823-3085, or send us an email.