iOS 10 – Free 1 Hour Class
- Course Description
- Course Outline
The computing power of an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch is roughly equivalent to that of a mainframe computer from just a few decades ago. Having all that power in your hand is great, but knowing how to make the most of it is even better. Here are a few important tips.
Edit the Home Screen
Touch and hold any icon to enter edit (“wiggle”) mode. Then you can drag icons on the page, to a different page, and on or off the Dock. Tap an x to delete an app you’ve downloaded. Drop one icon on another to make a folder. Press Home to exit edit mode.
Set the Wallpaper
To pick custom Home and Lock screen images:
1. Tap Settings > Wallpaper > Choose a New Wallpaper.
2. Pick an image and tap Set.
3. Tap whether the image is for the Lock screen and/or Home screen.
Limit Data Use
To avoid unexpectedly large bills for excessive data use, try these tips:
• In Settings > Cellular, scroll down and look for apps using large quantities of data.
• Disable automatic downloads (or just over cellular) in Settings > iTunes & App Store.
• Disable unneeded background refresh in Settings > General > Background App Refresh.
Tap Settings > General > Software Update. If you don’t have enough space to update the operating system, try again via iTunes on your Mac.
Here’s where key customization screens are in the Settings app:
• Notifications: Tap Notifications.
• Do Not Disturb: Tap Do Not Disturb. (To let important people through, “favorite” a person in Contacts by tapping Add to Favorites on a contact’s card.)
• Emoji and special keyboards: Tap General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard.
• Typing options: Tap General > Keyboard. Set the switches as you like, and tap Text Replacement to create typing shortcuts.
• System text size: Tap General > Accessibility > Larger Text (or Larger Accessibility Sizes).
• Darkness of system text: Tap General > Accessibility > Bold Text (and, when prompted, restart).
• Button edges: Tap General > Accessibility > Button Shapes.
• Raise to Wake and Night Shift: Tap Display & Brightness.
• Low Power Mode: Tap Battery.
• Magnifier: Tap General > Accessibility > Magnifier.)
• Add a fingerprint: Tap Touch ID & Passcode.)
• Quick access to Apple Pay: Tap Wallet & Apple Pay.
• Find My iPhone: Tap iCloud > Find My iPhone.
Camera & Photos
• Take photos in the Camera app; view them in the Photos app.
• Before taking a photo, slide to the mode you want.
• Share a photo from the Photos app—tap it and then tap the Share icon.
Improve Battery Life
• Turn off unnecessary location tracking in Settings > Privacy >Location Services.
• Disable unneeded background refresh in Settings > General >Background App Refresh.
• Dim the screen with the Brightness slider in Control Center.
• Play audio through earbuds or speakers.
• Plug your device into power when relying on GPS navigation.
• Don’t leave your device outside in extreme weather. Ideal temperatures