If you have an apple computer and you want to create a screencast or a recording, you don’t have to purchase expensive software such as Snagit, Voila, and/or Camtasia. Apple computers have this functionality built into OS X Mavericks and Yosemite. This feature is great for bloggers, writers and/or people who like to post YouTube videos.
The process to create screencasts is very simple. Let’s go over how to do this.
- Open Quicktime Player from the Apple Dock.Alternatively, you can click the magnifying glass in the top-right corner (Spotlight) and type Quicktime Player.
- Click File | New | Screen Recording. A small box appears that allows you to perform this action.
- Click the dropdown to the right of the red circle and choose your microphone settings.
- Click the red button to record.
- Click anywhere to record full-screen or drag a square with your mouse to record a specific area.
- Click Start Recording after drawing the square. Record your voice and screen.
- Click the grey circle to stop the recording.
- Click Play to review the recording.
- Close the recording and you have the option to save to iCloud or local.
- Add a Name and click Save.
Here at MacSolutions Plus, we can handle all of your Apple needs. We are an Apple-authorized service for desktops and laptops and require no authorization. Whether you are looking for new equipment or repairs, we can help. Please contact us with any questions you may have or if you want to test drive the latest in Apple technology.