iPads and iPhones run IOS 7. On a regular basis, Apple releases updates that fix issues. Fixes include bugs to the operating system (OS) or security updates to keep your information secure. Performing these updates is key to keeping your equipment running smoothly without errors. Some updates patch security flaws that could lead to your device being hacked. How do you know when to apply an update? This is simple and we will go over how to do it in this tutorial.
- Power on your iPhone or iPad.
- Enter Passcode if applicable.
- Under the Settings icon, you will notice a red ‘1’ in the top right-hand corner of the icon. Tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Software Update. The version you are updating appears. Please make sure you have your iPhone or iPad connected to a power source. You do not want your phone to die in the middle of an update.
- Click Install now.
- Enter your passcode if applicable.
- Tap Agree for the Terms and Conditions. The update begins the verification process and reboots your iPad or iPhone. A progress bar moves from left to right indicating how far in the process it is. The device reboots and your update is completed.
Here at MacSolutions we offer all Apple products and accessories. We are also a fully-authorized Apple service for laptops and desktops. This includes iPads and iPods under warranty. Please contact us for any questions you may have on Apple products or come by for any repair or to test drive the latest products.