iPads and tablets are replacing computers at an alarming rate. We all love our iPad but we do not like hearing all the dings and bings while trying to sleep at night. On many occasions the iPad and iPhones in my house start going wild from Facebook posts, late night texts and Notification pop-ups. Did you know that you can schedule a feature called Do Not Disturb on your iPad? When you have this scheduled, your are not barraged with all the sounds that your trusty iPad makes in the wee hours of the morning. Instead you can rest peacefully and check your Facebook Posts, texts and other related information when you wake-up for the day.
Let’s go over how to use this feature.
- Turn on your iPad by pressing the power button on the top-right corner of your iPad.
- Enter your passcode if applicable.
- Click Settings and select Do Not Disturb.
- Tap Scheduled and Tap From To.
- Select your quiet hours range. For example, select 11:00PM to 6:00 AM.
Another great feature is that you can add Groups that are allowed to disturb you such as co-workers or your boss. Let’s show you how to do this.
- Repeat Steps 1-3 above.
- Tap Allow Calls From
- Select Everyone, No One, Favorites or specific Groups. You may have a group called Co-workers.
NOTE: If you have Repeated Calls enabled, a second call from the same person within 3 minutes is deemed important and will come through and not be silenced.
IF you have further questions about iPads or any Apple products, please contact us.We also have iPads for you to test drive if you are considering a new purchase.