Have you ever been on a long journey with the family or on vacation and you have the need for an Internet connection? Many iPads have this feature built/in. Let’s go over how to take advantage of using your iPad as a personal hotpot.
- Power on your iPad.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Personal Hotspot if available on your plan.
- Tap Password to change the default password and click Done.
- Slide the Personal Hotspot from off to on. The hotspot will begin broadcasting and you will see on your iPad Personal Hotspot and the number of active connections.
- Next, we will go to a device and look for the hotspot by browsing the secure wi-fi. The name that is broadcast is “Name of device”, iPad.
- Select the wi-fi hotspot and connect.
- Enter the applicable password.
- Test your connection by checking email or connecting to the Internet.
- Repeat these steps for all devices you want to connect to your Hotspot.
- When you are finished using the hotspot, Tap Settings, Personal Hotspot and slide the Personal Hotspot to off.
MacSolutions Plus is your one-stop-shop for everything Apple. We have all the latest Apple products and accessories. We can also handle all of your Apple repairs since we are an Apple-authorized service center. If you are interested in a new iPad, we have plenty of models for you to test drive. We can even show you first-hand how the Personal Hotspot works when traveling or on vacation. Please contact us today for more information or if you have an questions about Apple products.