Apple has determined that a small percentage of MacBook Pro systems may exhibit distorted video, no video, or unexpected system restarts. These MacBook Pro systems were sold between February 2011 and December 2013.
MacSolutions Plus as an Apple Authorized Service Provider will repair affected MacBook Pro systems, free of charge. See below for details on affected models and service options.
An affected MacBook Pro may display one or more of the following symptoms:
- Distorted or scrambled video on the computer screen
- No video on the computer screen (or external display) even though the computer is on
- Computer restarts unexpectedly
- 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models manufactured in 2011
- 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina models manufactured from Mid 2012 to Early 2013
Identify your model
Use the “Check your Coverage” tool on the Apple Support site to determine if your MacBook Pro model matches the list of affected products below. Sample results:
Note: If your MacBook Pro is not experiencing any of these symptoms and is not one of the products affected, you do not need to contact Apple.
Your MacBook Pro will be examined prior to any service to verify that it is eligible for this program and is otherwise in working order.
Note: If your MacBook Pro has any damage, which prevents the repair, such as a cracked screen, that issue will need to be resolved during service. You will be notified about any additional repair charges that are required.
Please back up your data before your MacBook Pro is serviced. Learn more about backup options.
- Bring your MacBook Pro to MacSolutions Plus.
- A technician will run a diagnostic test on the MacBook Pro to verify eligibility.
- Repair turn around time will vary based upon parts and technician availability but is usually 24-48 hours.
- You will be notified when your MacBook Pro is ready for pickup.
Apple is contacting customers who paid for a repair either though Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to arrange reimbursement. If you have not been contacted, but paid for a repair that you think was due to this issue, please contact Apple. MacSolutions Plus will actively go through our repair records and notify you if you’d paid for a repair that should be covered under this new program.
This worldwide Apple program does not extend the standard warranty coverage of the MacBook Pro.
The program covers affected MacBook Pro models until February 27, 2016 or three years from its original date of sale, whichever provides longer coverage for you.