MacSolutions Plus Newsletter 07/27/2012
Mountain Lion is here
You can download OS X Mountain Lion from this link – or we can install it on your Mac for you for a small service charge.
To run Mountain Lion, you’ll need OS X v10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or Lion already installed. You’ll also need one of the Macs listed below:
• iMac (mid 2007 or newer)
• MacBook (late 2008 aluminum, or early 2009 or newer)
• MacBook Pro (mid/late 2007 or newer)
• MacBook Air (late 2008 or newer)
• Mac mini (early 2009 or newer)
• Mac Pro (early 2008 or newer)
• Xserve (early 2009)
Before you upgrade…
• Back up your Mac! It’s always a good idea to back up your data on a regular basis – but especially before you make a major update to the operating software. To learn more, read our blog posts about how to back up your data – part 1 and how to back up your data – part 2.
• You don’t have to upgrade. Your Mac should keep working just fine if you don’t. But if you do, you’ll be able to take advantage of all the new features, apps, etc.
• Mountain Lion uses a lot of features from iCloud – see our iCloud blog post to learn more about iCloud, and how to set it up on your Mac.